Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Widsom Wednesday

I've decided to introduce this new section in my blog, entitled "Ponder This".

I will post a question, and my answer. Please answer the question in my comments, or post about it in your own blog and put a link in my comments.

For the first....

Would you accept a much less enjoyable job paying twice what you make now? If you received the same pay regardless of your job, what kind of work would you do? If you were financially independent, would you continue to work? If not, what would you do?

Twice the money is pretty tempting, but I can't imagine being unhappy with my job and dreading it every single day. I can't say that I love my job now, because well, it's a job (wouldn't life be great if you could do things like read a book, surf the web, and blog all while staying in your jammies, eating chocolate rather than heading into work each day?), but I don't hate it either. For the most part I enjoy what I do, and I enjoy the people I work with.

For the same pay, I'd love to do photography on a full time basis. It's a true passion, and it's something I do to 'escape'.

Ah, to be financially independent .... don't we all wish? I probably still would work - at least a few hours a day, or just a couple full days and have the rest of the week off. It would give me something to do, a 'purpose' so to speak. Afterall, one child is already in school a few hours a day and will be in all day starting next year, and the other one is right behind. What else what I do with my time without kids around? Oh yes, that's right ..... there's a 3 Musketeers bar and a book with my name on it.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I answered in my blog!