Tuesday, November 27, 2007

True Confession Tuesday



So, have you seen the movie A Christmas Story? Do you recall the 'tongue-stuck-to-the-pole' scene?

Boy, do I have my own story for you!

It was a cold, winter evening and my mom, dad and myself went out grocery shopping. This was something we did together, every Friday. So, we do our shopping and head back out into the blustery night with our purchases. As my parents are walking ahead of me, pushing the cart, I decide to test out that theory I saw in the movie.

So, I found myself a shopping cart at the cart corral and lick the metal cart handle.

In the meantime, my parents realize, "Hey, where'd Sarah go?!?"

And there I am, stuck, frozen tongue, to the shopping cart.

Movies and television really do influence our youth, folks.

1 comment:

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! I can just imagine you stuck to a cart...that was one habit you didn't break...licking odd things ;)

Cute Christmas cards!!