Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow Covered Chicken Pops

The 'pimples' never did change, and no more appeared, so we're breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to deal with even a modified version of "chicken pops" (my daughter can't pronounce pox).

As if worrying about the potential of having a child down with chicken pox wasn't enough to deal with yesterday, we were under a winter storm advisory. Now, I love this time of year and fully expect to see white. After all, there's just nothing like a White Christmas.

But when it strikes while I'm at work, and I face a horrific drive home, I am not impressed. It started snowing in the afternoon, thankfully just flurries at first. By the time I was safe at home, the snow had picked up and we had a pretty nice ground covering within an hour.

Mike went out to shovel last night (per my instruction, since I was the only one in the house that needed to actually be somewhere today), and as his back is nearly breaking, he decides to get out the snowblower. I can hear it gobbling up the snow, even with the windows all tightly closed and I realize that it's late - already after 10pm. My apologies to any neighbor's that it may have disturbed, but thankfully we did it then. We still woke up to a large amount of snow on the ground, so back out he went this morning to clear it all again.

The roads were decent, though not great, but I did run into a road block and had to go an alternate way, as there must have been a bad accident from all the flashing lights I could see up ahead.

I made it safely, and now here it is 1pm and I'm ready to take a nap. I woke up at 1:30 this morning with the most God-awful stomach cramping ever......I didn't know if it was just IBS or if I was dying. My stomach is still not right, and I'm exhausted from being woken up such a nasty way.

1 comment:

AutoSysGene said...

I just happened to see Mike out there around 10:30. I thought shouldn't he be sleeping. We didn't even hear the snowblower, so it's all good! Now that freaking beep, beep, beep at 5am of the plow, kinda hard to miss that!!
Glad no chicken pops, that would have seriously sucked!!