Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Kolachky, Kolacky, Kolaczki .... however it's spelled!

The most delicate, delicious Polish cookie on Earth .... and I think the real official spelling is Kolaczki ..... at any rate, this is how they turned out this year.



I made these for the first time last year, and while they were D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S, they gave me a hard time in the oven and popped open. This year they stayed pinched closed, and came out looking like something you'd buy at the bakery. I'm quite proud.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh oooh, they look so good! My great-grandparents were born in Czechoslovakia & my great-grandma used to make kolachky. Mmmm!

AutoSysGene said...

Yum!!

AutoSysGene said...

And they were yummy, too!

Unknown said...

I was looking up recipes for kolaczki cookies & saw your link. I'm not seeing the recipe here and would love to make them. Could you possibly email or post the recipe for me.
Thanks,
Emily