Sunday, December 30, 2007

100 Things About Me - Part 2

11. I may just have a slight addiction to buying clothes for my kids. They have enough to potentially clothe the children of a small country. I can't help it. But in all seriousness - I don't pay anywhere near full price for the stuff. It's all bought at the end of the season for the next year. For instance - my kids each just got a bag full of summer clothes for Christmas. Add my shopping along with my mom's and anyone else that buys clothes and you have very stuffed closets.

12. I got pregnant before my husband and I were married. In fact, we had just started dating. I lost that pregnancy at 9 1/2 weeks and was devastated at the time. Now I look back and Thank God because I know my life would have been so much different (and this coming February, that child would have been 8).

13. I love capers. Chicken picatta is one of my favorite dishes. Yum!

14. My first 'behind the wheel' in driver's ed was humiliating. I didn't know how to turn the steering wheel back when making a turn and ended up on the front lawn of a house.

15. I have no living grandparents. I lost the last one, my Grams, over 2 years ago when I was just 25.

16. I was pregnant with my son at the time of my 21st birthday. I had no idea at the time, and I drank. Not heavily, but I did do a few shots that night. At times I feel really awful about that.

17. My cats are my furbabies. I get very, very attached to pets. I miss our family cats like crazy, even to this day. Right now I have 1 cat - Cosmo - he was given to me by my ex-boyfriend in 1996.

18. I don't cook. I can cook, just really don't have much time to do it, and I feel like I'm not very good at. Though, the several things I have made didn't make anyone go running away, so it must be not be too bad. I can bake, though. I'm pretty good at making dessert. :)

19. I don't know how to whistle. Okay, not entirely true - I can just barely make a whistling sound. I guess I just wasn't born with a very good whistler.

20. One memory I have of my paternal grandparents is being at their house, and always having Maurice Lenell pinwheel cookies and Frosted Flakes. I also remember this light-up gingerbread house that they put out at Christmastime on their kitchen counter. I found one on ebay this year, and bought it.

2 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Maurice Lenell, the cookie of all grandparents in the midwest. Joe's family brings them to funerals.

So I guess I'm driving tomorrow night, huh? ;)

And yes your cooking is just fine, of course the baking is even better. Got any chocolate chips cookies left? I might even wander out in the snow for them.

Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

I sure do have chocolate chip cookies left. They have gotten a bit crispy, so a slice of bread was put in to soften them up a bit. Still are pretty tasty though. If you want to trudge through the snow - come on down. :) And I don't mind driving tomorrow; if you want to, I won't complain - but it's up to you my dear.