Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice, Ice, Baby!

We are getting slammed this winter. The kids have their first 'no school due to weather' day for this school year today, due to an ice storm. Plus we've already got a good 5 inches of snow on the ground.

Roads were not bad on my way into work, but I fear what is to come. Apparently these school closures weren't for what was out there already .... it was for what is expected.

I'm not happy about this. I am 35 miles from home, and I have some very important Christmas presents to deliver to a friend that must get there, and this is really my only chance.

I'm trying not to freak out about it, but I do not want to be stranded here at work and have to sleep here. Did that last year during a really bad snow storm.....it sucked so bad that in the middle of the night I braved the roads and went home anyway.

2 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

So far the roads are good. Joe and Hope are out now so you know they aren't bad if I let her out on them. ;)
From what I saw on the news they are hoping it won't get below freezing until after the rush...be careful driving!!

Sarah said...

Still sucks. I'm off to Mount Prospect soon, so I don't expect to get home til after this evening's rush hour. Hopefully it passes us by ..... weather.com wasn't showing any warnings or advisories for us anymore....it was much, much farther west and north of us.