Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Camaros: Not For January Driving

It took me TWO. HOURS. to get to work this morning. My normal 40-45 minute morning commute took me TWO. FLIPPING. TIRESOME. STRESSFUL. HEARTBREAKING. HOURS.

And for a good hour of that commute I was behind someone that clearly hasn't lived in the Chicagoland area long enough to realize that a Camaro is not the type of vehicle to drive in winter months.

He fishtailed and slid every, single, flippin' time he even thought about putting his foot on the gas. It got to the point that I contemplated shoving my bumper against his and just pushing him along the rest of the way.

So, the moral of the story; if you really feel the need to own a sports car, by all means (I wouldn't mind a Mustang, myself!)....but you really should think about owning a second vehicle for days that there's a few inches of snow on the ground. That's why clunkers are a fashion statement in the middle of January in Chicago.

2 comments:

Mackey said...

Hee hee.....sound like my city:)
Many people have to vehicles. One for winter & one for summer.

AutoSysGene said...

Even Joe slipped a little when he left this morning and he's got 4 wheel drive. So glad I didn't have to drive this morning.