Friday, March 03, 2006

Whatever Will I Do?

Mike has tomorrow and Saturday off for this work week! Another day off on the :gasp: WEEKEND?!?

I'm elated. Once I get home from work tomorrow (it's my early day, so I'll be home at 2ish) - I'll have until Sunday afternoon with my hubby before he goes back to work.

We are planning on taking the kids to a children's expo on Saturday. Should be a good time for them. Then we'll take them to lunch somewhere - I'm hoping they'll be in the mood for something a little more than McDonald's. Like a casual, sit-down and eat real food kind of place. Don't get me wrong - I do like McDonald's - but I am trying to eat well and lose weight, and McD's does not help my hips. So, maybe we can manage something family friendly where I can find something on the menu that doesn't threaten to add the 16 pounds I've lost back on.

I'm very, very pleasantly happy with life at the moment. Weekend upon weekend upon weekend, I read and hear about other families and the activities they took part in - only to feel that myself and my children are missing out on so much. Yes, if I really wanted to, I could take them to the zoo myself, or out to lunch at some special overly-priced "theme" restaurant - but it's not the same. How can you fully enjoy something like that when part of the family is missing?

1 comment:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

That's great!!! It's so nice, I'm sure, to have him there! I agree it isn't the same. I can't remember the last time I spent a Sat out with Bryan and kids...been forever! Have fun!!!