Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Disney World, here we come!

Earlier today I was busy at work, when my cell phone rang. It was an online friend (one that lives in the area, but I do not talk to on the phone on a regular basis). I found it odd that she was calling me - and at first, I thought something bad had happened and that she was trying to contact me about someone that is on a mailing list I own, that she is also a member of.

She asks me if I was listening to a particular radio station, which at the time I did not have on. She says that she swears they called my name, and that I have 11 minutes left to call in. I hang up, and call - and sure enough, they called my name and I won!

Now, what did I win?

A trip for four to Disney World!!! I couldn't believe my luck. I was dumbfounded. Embarrassingly enough the words "Are you serious?!?" came out of my mouth, not once, but twice. LOL Braeden has been seeing advertisements on TV, and just a day or two ago, he was asking us to go there. I started to cry while on the phone (and yes, it was aired - and Gawd, did I sound like an idiot!).

So I get to tell my kids, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!

I'm waiting for the promotion department to contact me for all the details. From reading the rules online, the trip has to be taken between 4/1/06 and 3/31/07 (I believe that is because of the roundtrip airfare through Southwest).

I can't even begin to express my excitement and Braeden is OVER THE MOON with happiness (I couldn't wait to tell him in person, and spoke to him on the phone).

So, a H U G E thank you to my friend, Heather, who called to let me know they announced my name. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

6 comments:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

NO FREAKIN WAY!!! That is SO AWESOME Sarah!!! CONGRATS!!! That should be so fun!!! I wanna win a trip!! Did they just random call your name or did you put your name in to win it? That's just too awesome!

Rose said...

Oh Sarah you are going to have sooooooo much fun. Seeing the kids faces will just be the best. Take lots of pictures :-)

Lacey said...

The KIDS will LOVE it, Jacey did!! Congrats!

Mackey said...

You lucky ducky!!!!
Congrats!!!!!(Can you snaek me in your suitcase???):P
So just how do you thank your friend for that???Especially considering she is a person you do not talk to that much. Must be a very nice lady.

Sarah said...

Mackey,

I do talk to this friend on a daily basis online through the mailing lists (she's on 1 that I own, and we are on 1 other one together), but we don't talk in person or on the phone much, if at all. I have seen her in person a couple times (kids birthday parties). But we have known each other online now for over 5 years, and I'm sure you know how it is with fellow bloggers that you haven't met IRL, you have a sort of "connection" and friendship and would still do things to help them out if they needed it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet as a thank you but I do know I am going to have to bring her back a souvenier from Disney for sure.

Mackey said...

That would be a great idea. A Disney souvenier!!!
You didn't answer my first question about hiding in your suitcase....lol:P