Friday, March 03, 2006

American Idol

I feel I need to talk about it. I've watched every episode, every season (shut up now! don't make fun!), but this is the first season I've been having dreams that relate to the show.

Something is clearly wrong with me. :)

So...some of my thoughts. First and foremost -

Brenna -- summed up in two words. Good Riddance (I had originally typed up a long blurb about just how much I disliked her and why - but then I realized that she would probably enjoy the fact that people were taking the time to write about her)

David -- very sad to see him go. He was the local boy, from just a couple towns over, in Crystal Lake, Illinois. He goes to school with my boss' daughter. And he had the voice of a crooner. I'm a big Dean Martin fan (as are BOTH of my children, and yes, they are only 4 and 20-months) - so his voice was clearly magical for that music genre.

"Sway" -- surprised that it was him instead of Kevin, honestly. But not shocked that he didn't make the top 12. I'd say Kevin may end up going home next week.

Heather -- just didn't do much for me. Not surprised to see her go either. Kinnik needs to step it up next week, but I don't see her as top 12 material.

My favorites -- Chris, Ace, Katharine, Lisa and Paris. Mandisa is up there, too (gotta support the BBW -- I know Rueben went on to win in season 2 and he was a big guy - but it seems big men are accepted more than women).

Overall this week I was not blown away by anyone's performance - even those of my favorites. And the judges were so right on many of them -- it was all about the song choices.

My prediction for the top 12, in no particular order:

1) Chris
2) Katharine
3) Ace
4) Lisa
5) Elliott
6) Paris
7) Bucky
8) Mandisa
9) Taylor
10) Kellie
11) Gedeon
12) Ayla

1 comment:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

I completely agree Sarah! This is the first time I"ve been able to watch it from try outs to show. I really was liking Ace but now I'm really liking Chris! He's awesome I see him going all the way. And I really like Kellie. I'm glad to see the two girls go! I was suprised about Sway but glad both boys went.....Can't wait for next week!