Sunday, March 19, 2006

It's all about ME!

Since coming down with this nasty cold, I've been catching up on some reading. I had recently started Straight Talking by Jane Green and ended up finishing off the second half of the book last night in a couple hours time. I'm going to start another book, Mr. Maybe by the same author just as soon as I finish here. Brain food, I tell you. Reading is good for the soul.

And this weekend I treated myself to three new shirts and a pair of adorable wedge sandals. Hey - it was a present to myself for losing twenty-three pounds in the last 10 weeks. I swore I wasn't going to buy anything new as I went down sizes because - well - I'm not at my goal and I didn't want to "waste" the money when there was no guarantee how long I'd get to use the clothes. But, you change your mind when your self-esteem starts to get a boost, and you're feeling pretty good about yourself. So - I thought - WHAT THE HECK ..... and honestly, it's not like I spent a fortune. The sandals were a STEAL -- a whopping $12.98 at Burlington Coat Factory. And the three tops set me back about $37. So, pffffft ;P

So, yes, this weekend was a bit about me. Trying to get myself better by spending alot of time on my back in bed with my nose shoved in a book, and spending time in two different malls buying things for ME!! Not ONE other thing was purchased -- everything was for ME! And that NEVER happens. So maybe this post seems a bit self-centered .... and you know what, IT IS! But I deserve it, damnit!

1 comment:

Rose said...

You do deserve it. 20 pound is AWESOME so enjoy the shirts while they fit.