Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Secret

I haven't written about what happened with the other job after Mike heard from them over a week ago. Long story short - he was offered the job.

Starting pay is what he is currently making, and he was told "But I don't see you at that for very long." Unofficial start date is March 13, although, apparently they want him to start immediately.

Mike hasn't given notice to BS yet, though, as right now we do not know if he would be working for a franchisee, or for corporate. I'm not sure how this whole corporate/franchise thing works and I haven't been able to sit down with Mike to discuss things at length with him (I haven't seen him for more than 5 minutes since Sunday and we've only been able to exchange a few words here and there, the bulk of it being a brief 10 minute conversation while I was at the office today).

As always, I'm nervous. Any job change leaves me a little unnerved. While I welcome the change because of the hours (he would be working every other day, which in turn, means that he would have 1 day off every weekend), it still knots my stomach because of changes in insurance, new boss, etc.

1 comment:

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

WOW Congrats Sarah! I hope it works out. I'd be nervous too. It's scarey but if it gets him home and more money go for it! That's just great for your family!!!