Saturday, May 27, 2006

Summer is nearly here!

Summer is approaching, and as we were hoping, the warmer weather is here. Except it's hot and muggy. I'm not sure what the high was, but at about 3:00 this afternoon, I caught the temperature on a hotel's marquee sign which read 88-degrees. Yikes. It's not even June yet.

As I sit here, upstairs at my PC, I can feel the oil slick on my face and the slight dampness in my cleavage. It's going to be a fabulous summer if this keeps up (Note: heavy sarcasm). Wouldn't be an issue if the blasted rec center for our community opened this weekend as originally slated. Construction just started a few weeks ago, and we are hoping that next summer we'll be taking our first dips in the pool.

There's nothing else to do than to try to cool off with a cool treat - so I believe a bowl of Moose Tracks ice cream may be in order. That is, just as soon as my dinner gets here (the hubs is out picking up food at a local fav - Chick-N-Dip) and I finish eating. Then I think it shall be ice cream and a movie (we rented Last Holiday and Fun with Dick and Jane) to finish out the day!

1 comment:

Mackey said...

Oops. Dick & Jane? Not such a good movie. Maybe you will like it though. I just think it wasn't Jim Carreys best work.