Monday, May 22, 2006

Houston, we have a period!

That's right .... I'm NOT pregnant!

This afternoon around lunchtime, shortly after my last post, I went to the bathroom, wiped and there it was .... that lovely pink tinge. My heart did a little dance, and I heard angels singing.

No, seriously.

So I expected it to be increasing throughout the day, and knew I'd need to make a trip to the bathroom soon to use a feminine product. Except, my next visit to the potty put the tension back into my shoulders and I swear I felt another gray hair pop up! There was NO. PINK. TINGE.

WHAT?!? How could this be? Is this some sort of mean joke? I don't find it funny at all.

At this point all I can think is IMPLANTATION BLEEDING and I'm ready to run right out of the office and straight into traffic.

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use the washroom a couple more times during the course of the work day, and still nothing more. I head home, take care of a few things and get ready to jump in the shower quickly before dinner and decide to empty my bladder - and there, on the toilet paper, was P.I.N.K.

So you see, a few more hours have passed now, and it is still light, but bright red. I'm expecting that by tomorrow morning it will be here, full fledged.

And with this scare, I think it's time to have a serious talk about permanent birth control .... perhaps the big 'V'.

1 comment:

Mackey said...

Whoooo...that was a close one!!!