Friday, May 12, 2006

Feeding my Passion

I've always enjoyed taking photographs. I can remember back to when my neice was a baby, that I'd prop her up against a solid white blanket or something to use as a "backdrop" and I'd take pictures of her.

I never pursued anything, as I had a much stronger desire later on to create web pages. The closest I came to pursuing that was to take a class in college on website design - which I bailed on. It didn't hold my attention, so I stopped going. I didn't quit doing what I liked - I still made my own websites; personal ones with shareware graphic sets and basic html coding to do what I wanted. It was enough knowlegde to keep me happy.

Since getting the Nikon D50 camera, the desire to be able to take breathtaking photographs has been stronger.

Just last weekend, I took what I feel was the best photograph I've shot yet. As soon as I snapped it, and looked at the screen - I mentioned that I just got a *great* photo that would look even better in B&W. So when I got home, I put it in B&W and did the color accent, and when I was through -- I couldn't believe the results.

Everyone that has seen it, has loved it and the positive feedback has been great. I'm extremely proud of the photo, however, I'd love to feel that way about more.

I have compiled some of what I feel are my best photos on another blog. If you are interested in taking a peek, the link is in my blogroll to the side, or you can just click here.

I'm starting to do a bit of research, and have found that the local community college offers a digital photography class. I may just enroll this fall. Perhaps I'll even look into pursuing more classes on photography as well.

No comments: