Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Girly Girl

I have never really been a "girly-girl". Don't get me wrong ... I wasn't butch or a tomboy or anything like that. Just not "prissy", I guess.

I rarely wore make-up, didn't care much about purses, and wasn't much into accessorizing or visits to the salon. Make-up was worn for special occassions - prom, a date, my wedding, nights out. I carried the same purse all the time, until it ripped, tore, zipper broke or was just too beat up to last any longer.

I can't remember when things started to change, but I started getting a little more interested in purses and jewelry. In the last few months, I've changed quite a bit in this respect.

I wear make-up nearly daily. Granted, it's subtle and I only wear eyeshadow, eye liner and lipstick. On occassion I'll add foundation to the mix. I put on perfume daily. I have been wearing my hair down more opposed to my usual ponytail. I am in the process of growing out my bangs and I hope at that point I'll have enough guts to go in and do something to my hair - like highlights or something along those lines.

I am now the proud owner of the oh-so-girly-girl magenta Razr phone. I'm in the process of searching for a new purse as my current black one will not do for summer.

It feels good to feel good about myself. My self esteem has grown tremendously, and while I still have many moments that I see myself as something/someone I don't want to be.

Perhaps being a girly-girl isn't such a bad thing after all.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Maybe my "girly girl" persona is rubbing off on you LMAO!!!!