Friday, December 02, 2005

Work, Eat, Sleep .... Same ol' Same ol'

It's been a couple weeks since my last post. Not that there hasn't been anything interesting going on.

There was Thanksgiving for one. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the holiday one bit. I just was not into it at all this year. I craved the food, and then once I started eating - it was just like any other meal. It's depressing, really. The whole fact that one of few holidays that the family gets together and really enjoys themselves, I was feeling out of sorts is just down right sad.

I'm thinking one of the main reasons - was that my Grams was not around for her favorite pumpkin pie this year. Thanksgiving morning, I had a good sob in the car when my mom and I ran to Meijer to grab some last minute items. I don't even remember what prompted it. All I remember is tears blurring my vision while I attempted to park the car and then putting it into park, and sobbing. That was the first cry that day, and not the last. I won't even get into the rest.

The next day I was in better spirits. Up bright (well, in this case it was still dark) and early at 4 - (yes, you heard right - FOUR) - in the morning. Headed out for some Black Friday sales, got some great deals and then went in to work. I'm nuts, I'll admit it. But it's one day a year - and yes, it really is sort of fun. My intentions were to nap with the kids when I got home from work - but that never happened and I didn't end up in bed until late that night. I was beat!

But, like I mentioned, I did get some good deals. One gift is already wrapped and under the tree. It's a HUGE box - a gift for Mike - and I know he's trying to figure out what it is. But knowing him, he's already got it all figured out. He's good like that. He knew exactly what a gift was one year without touching it, shaking it, smelling it - he just briefly looked at it and knew just what it was.

I've done quite a bit more Christmas shopping and I'm --->this<--- close to being finished. Tonight I X'd off a couple more people from the list. Now to just start wrapping it all! I should take a picture of my closet! It's insane. I have a large walk-in closet - and one side has been taken over with boxes and bags galore. There really are ALOT of people we exchange gifts with. I want to say there are a good 25 people, plus then all the gifts for our kids. Actually, now that I get to thinking about it - it might be closer to 30 people plus our 2 kids.

Other than all that .... my days are pretty much the same.

But - can you believe it - 23 days til Christmas?? Well, by now you can say 22 days. And - my little boy will be FOUR in just 10 days! :sigh: Time is flying.

No comments: