Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas

I wound up doing a bit of Christmas shopping after work today. Got off an hour early, and had to swing by the mall to pick up our Christmas pictures. Since I was right over there, I opted for a chance to shop through Toys R Us without four curious eyeballs peering into the cart.

Found a few things for the kids -- you see, Santa asked me to look for a few items that he didn't have back at the North Pole. LOL I believe I'm finished with the kids. Well -- at least I *say* that now .... we'll see what happens when I set my eyes on something I just have to have for them.

Honestly, I'm proud of myself. I didn't go overboard this year like I have in the past. Last year they got a TON of stuff. This year, I didn't buy that much (though I'm sure some people would disagree and think they are getting MORE than enough). I figure I'll just get my butt in the playroom after Christmas and weed out toys that aren't played with, are broken, or perhaps too "babyish" now. Maybe I'll even have Braeden help me - and ask him which toys he doesn't like anymore, and see if he'll give any away on his own.

I'm still not near being finished Christmas shopping entirely. Well, I suppose I have a much better start than those that are planning Day 1 of shopping to take place on Black Friday. There are still several gifts I need to buy - and unfortunately that will mean battling the stores, the enormous crowds and long lines during the holiday rush. But, what's the holiday season without having to stand in at least one line, or listening to one woman rant that she didn't get her hands on the last Dora Knows your Name doll.

No comments: