Friday, December 16, 2005

Womanly Things

I've been tracking my cycles lately because I have a habit of not writing things down and then I'm scrambling to make sure I have supplies on hand in my purse.

I was sitting here tonight, dealing with massive cramps, ovarian pain and breast tenderness and thinking - yep, I'm ovulating for sure. This isn't the first, or even tenth time I've noticed this. My body has been reaaalllllly good at letting me in on it's secret.

I've just never really completely zoned in on all the technicalities of it all.

Sure, I recorded my daily BBTs when we were TTC our children, and I could somewhat tell from that when ovulation had occurred. But now, it's all pretty much spelled out and I haven't used that thermometer in over 2 years.

So, I sign in to my monthly cycle tonight to check things out, and enter some symptoms into the calendar. I see that today is CD17.

Look back, and sure enough - CD17 is my lucky day, as it's been like clockwork that I record these symptoms then. And I've pinpointed my luteal phase to be 13 days. That is one thing I never could answer - and now I know.

Lucky me. Funny thing is, all this information will never help me in conceiving a child, as we are not going to have anymore (most likely).

And while it's nice to know how my body works and that it is working properly, it's also very frustrating dealing with the pains TWO times during my cycle. Looks like I better keep ibuprofen on hand for ovulation AND when AF makes her visit.

:sigh: The joys of being a woman.

1 comment:

Jess said...

HUGS! That's one thing that I have newly discovered...ovulation pains hurt! But, it always makes me smile a little now to know that I'm actually doing normal things.