Sunday, December 04, 2005

I can see how people get carried away

I realize how people can get carried away with their holiday spending. When you have access to stores around the world 24/7, it's hard NOT to spend $$$.

I just placed an order at walmart.com. Remember how I said I was DONE shopping for the kids? LOL Yeah, right.

Turns out, "Santa" called and needed help finding something else (funny, isn't it because he's the one that is supposed to make all the toys?) and I found it at Walmart, available online only. I originally saw the item on ebay, because Toys R Us (amazon) didn't have it, and I haven't seen it in stores. But it was $18.99 (buy it now) and $10 shipping. Kind of pricey in the long run.

So when I found it on Walmart, I was all over it - and I got some other shopping done, too. Got a couple things for Mike, and got to take advantage of some of their shipping deals - so I didn't actually pay an arm & a leg for shipping. Well, in the end -- with my order of 4 items (one large, a medium and 2 small items) -- I paid $10 for shipping. Still better than paying $10 shipping on just ONE of those items.

So, because "Santa" now had 1 more gift for Kaelynn than Braeden, I had to find something else for Braeden to even it out (am I the only one that does this? I can't imagine I am!). So - did some reworking (because of the whole "Santa" themed gifts this year) on the list and swapped one of our gifts for a "Santa" gift - and bought something else from Walmart that just came out, which will be from us. Did I confuse you yet? LOL

So, I've spent the last 2.5 hours or so, surfing the net from one store to another ... but thankfully I haven't gotten too carried away. Only placed the one order -- WARNING: Start tangent -- (though I placed one on at Gymboree yesterday. Couldn't help it. Got my Gymbo Visa reward gift card in the mail (not much, only $13 and some change), plus they are giving Gymbucks - so I spent $50. :sigh: I need to stay away from that place. That was for 1 outfit (shirt, pants & socks) for Kaelynn and a pair of cords for Braeden (to complete an outfit from a line that K has an outfit in, too - so that'll make GREAT sibling photos)). -- End tangent -- But now to continue my search to finish my shopping. If my list is right -- I only have 2 people left to buy for. My brother and his wife. I may take the easy way out and go with a Sears gift card or something since they are having a house built (by us!) and will be moving in next summer. Lots of window treatments, furnishings and decor will be needed.

So, that outta wrap up the shopping -- and then I can get on to wrapping up the presents!

No comments: