Sunday, December 11, 2005

My little boy

Tomorrow my little boy turns 4. It's hard to believe I've been a mommy for 4 years. Time is going so quickly. Today I was reminiscing and WHAM! - the thought crossed my mind that next year, he will be FIVE!

Why is it that FIVE seems sooooo very much older than four?

We had his birthday party yesterday. It was nice and he enjoyed himself tremendously. And when he opened his Justice League Martian Manhunter we got him -- he was sooo flippin excited. He looked at it, and stammered "What the .... !?!" and then said "It's Martian Manhunter - the one me has been looking all over for!!" I paid a bit more for it on ebay because I couldn't find it ANYWHERE in stores. It was worth EVERY PENNY for his expression. We got it on video, and watched it later that night just to see it again. I was in tears. Felt like a big idiot in front of all the family and friends - but he was SOOO HAPPY, and my heart just exploded with happiness for him.

Now I really cannot wait for Christmas!!! Only 14 days to go (well, now we're ticking away to nearly 13)!

No comments: