Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend Recap

A great weekend it was!

The baby shower was nice; ate way too much food, and unfortunately had to leave before we had a chance to see the mom-to-be open our gift. Got home, visited and snuggled with my kids for a few minutes before scampering across the street for our first girl's game night.

It was just 4 of us at first, and we ate, talked, and laughed. One more showed up a little later, and then one more. My mom stopped by for a few minutes as well, just so she could meet and put faces to the names. It was one hell of a night. What originally was supposed to be a night of game playing from approximately 6-10pm, ended up being primarily a chin-wagging event that went until a little after midnight. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I've made some new friends - and such a spectrum of friends it is. Ages range from a year younger than me, up to 40. But we all got along great and had a wonderful time. We're already planning our July get together.

This morning I did get to sleep in a bit (thank you honey!) and then we changed bed sheets, did some tidying, some kid-cleaning and then went out the outlet mall near our house. Got hubby a nice outfit from the Gap, a Christmas gift for my brother and sister-in-law, and some little gifts for our Easter egg hunt we'll be hosting next year (egg shaped erasers, bunny bubble necklaces & stationary sets that I paid a whopping $1 for -- it was DIRT cheap and I could not pass it up). Then we came home, had lunch and hung out.

Brother-in-law, his fiance and their twin girls came over to give our princess her birthday gifts. They stayed for a couple hours, and I had a headache that was slowly progressing. Another neighbor stopped by about 6ish to buy some baby clothes from me, and by that time the headache was getting to be unbearable. I had to lay down and loaded up on pills. I'm feeling better, but it's still lurking and I know I better take it easy unless I want it coming back full force.

At the moment, it's storming and I'm listening to the thunder and watching the flashes of light as I sit here and type this. My neck hurts, so I'm going to go ask my loving husband if he'll massage it for me before I hit the hay. Tomorrow is a new week, and I only have 5 workdays until I'm on VACATION! I'll have 9 straight days of NO WORK. Thank goodness .... I need a break.

So, with that I will end this. I hope everyone else had a fabulous weekend, and I hope everyone else is staying dry! We certainly aren't!!!

No comments: