Friday, June 02, 2006

Viewing the World

Last night I went out for a couple hours - hoping for a gorgeous sunset or something that stood out to me that would make a nice photo.

The sunset wasn't as spectacular as the night prior (of course the night I didn't go out with my camera to try to capture it!), but I did manage to get a few good shots that I liked (a couple are in my photo blog).

But while I was out driving, the windows down, breeze in my hair, and my music turned up - I felt good. I felt like I could truly enjoy the sights of our world, the beauty of the Earth. Things we take for granted everyday.

Our Earth is truly amazing and I am going to try to photograph every beautiful aspect of it.

I will be taking a digital photography class as long as one will be running this fall. I'm not going to skip out when I have this aspiration and desire to take good pictures, and know what I'm doing. So, looks like I'll be a "student" in the fall, even if it is only for one class.

2 comments:

Mackey said...

Yay Sarah!!!! You will love it!! My best advice is look everywhere for a pic. If you look at some of my pics I take some pics of some different things. The raindrops on my car or my bumper. Tin foil.Chains & many more "odd" things. There are images waiting to be captured everywhere, you just have to train your eyes to look for them.
One of my fave images of mine is a close up shot I took of some frost on my window in the winter time.
I have to admit though my eyes are always looking for an image no matter where I am.

Jess said...

Have fun with it, Sarah!! Some of the pics you've taken so far have been great!