Saturday, June 03, 2006

I just can't win!

Normally I ask my parents to look after the kids when Mike and I would like to go somewhere. We don't do it very often at all, and because they watch the kids during the week, I feel guilty asking other times.

I want to see The Breakup pretty badly. This is the first movie in a long time that I've wanted to really go see while it was in the theater. Most times it's not a big deal and I can wait til it comes out on DVD.

So Mike asks me if I'd like to go tomorrow. I agree, but tell him that I don't really want to ask my parents because I feel like they are with the kids enough as it is. We end up setting it all up that Mike will pick up his sister tomorrow evening while I feed the kids dinner at home, and then we'll head out to the show while Auntie Megan plays with them a bit, and tucks them into bed for the night. We figure we'll only be gone a few hours max and should be home before 10.

Of course, what do my parents say? "How come you didn't ask us?" Well, I thought I was doing a good thing and finding alternate childcare rather than always asking them. Sheesh! But I guess next time I'll just suck it up and ask them and not feel bad about it!

1 comment:

Mackey said...

Try not to let it upset you Sarah. It seems that they mean well. Just say"You guys work so hard with them all week so I thought I would give you a break."