Sunday, October 07, 2007

Children for Sale .... 2 For 1

That's right! Come and get 'em!

It's one of those days. It all started when the youngest got up to use the potty at 12:35am. I had just been slumbering for a little over an hour at this point, so I was groggy. When she came in an hour later to use the potty again, I was even more groggy and irritated. At this point I realized that I was having an 'attack', or at least showing the signs of one starting. Fantastic! This is how I love to spend time in the middle of the night.

So, I dozed and woke on what seemed to be an hourly basis throughout the night. All the while I had that awful sensation in my gut; that something was not sitting well, that mild 'on fire' feeling, knowing full well that eventually it would land me in the bathroom.

Finally at 6am, it woke me and I spent the next hour in the bathroom, all the while scanning for something to use in the event that I needed to hork. I was not feeling well, and of course the children graced us with their wide-eyed, ready to start the day expressions by 7:10 in the morning. I layed back down in the bed, my stomach rolling and I dozed for a bit until Mike let me know that he was leaving for work and that the kids were at the kitchen table having breakfast. I knew I couldn't just leave them there, so I had to suck it up and supervise.

No sooner were the cereal bowls empty that I led them back up the stairs to find activities to busy themselves with in their rooms. While I found my way back into my bed, under the covers, with my nose buried in a book.

I only had to get up to check on the loud bang, or find out why one was shrieking, or to put a stop the bickering about 307 times, but who's counting?

Finally at noon I headed down stairs to make lunch. Buttered noodles with grated parmesan cheese - I got compliments that it was "the best food ever!", which was nice, but not enough to stop me from wanting to lock them up in the closet, bound and gagged until their father returns home from work.

Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly. But when I'm functioning on minimal sleep, and dealing with a very off stomach -- a little cooperation would go a long way.

2 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling good. How is it the kids know to act horrible whenever we really need some down time?

Jess said...

Hope you're feeling better! Deidra's home sick today with the stomach flu and Baby D had it all last week. I can feel the starts of it too, but I keep drinking my Crystal Lite with immunity defense in the hopes that it will pass me by. We move Thursday and I can't afford to get sick!