Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nothing much to say

I'm afraid I haven't had much to say lately, thus the reason for my lack of posts.

It's just that I'm having a battle with myself - again. This time something different. It's this whole weight loss thing. I've been at it now for 15 weeks. I have never stuck with a "diet" or any attempt at losing weight for this long. I should be proud of that alone.

However, the past 2 weeks I've gained weight. Yes, I gained 2 pounds at my 14 week weigh-in and 1 pound this past one. So, 3 pounds total have found their way back to my midsection (or perhaps my face, or my thighs, or my butt, or ....).

How much have I lost? My total - even with the 3 pounds that I did gain back - I've still lost 26 pounds. So what is my problem? That's exactly it. I shouldn't have one. I should be damn proud of how much I have lost. Because I know myself that it's so much harder to have lost weight, only to have gained every single pound back (and maybe even MORE) in no time, starting back at square one, that to be in my situation now where I've gained a few pounds back but that I'm still nearing the 30 pound loss mark.

That's HUGE. I've gone down clothing sizes and I've been feeling so much better about myself. I've been keeping up with photos of myself to track my progress and the feedback has been tremendous. Granted, it's from friends and family, but the positive remarks are my fuel.

It's going to be a long road. I started this weight loss endevour with hopes of dropping 75 pounds. I'm not even halfway. But, as much as I feel like quitting, I won't. I'm going to do this, not only to better myself, but to prove to myself that I can do this.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Sarah you are doing awesome with your weight loss. Especially considering we started at the same time and I've only lost about 4 pounds.

Don't get yourself down. You can lose the rest I know you can.

Katrina said...

Awww...don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing great and you look great as well!!! I'm proud of you so keep up the good work. Just try your hardest to get back to working out a bit and you'll get right back on track!
Kat

Lacey said...

((HUGS)) Hang in there, you are doing great!