Saturday, January 07, 2006

Here's to 2006

I've decided to bite the bullet and try to lose the weight that I had hoped to lose last year. It didn't happen, even though I dropped 11 pounds in the first few weeks. Once I started maintaining my weight, however, I fell off the wagon and that was the end of that.

In the past year, I've managed to put on another 16 pounds. Yes, it's time to do something. I'm not sure exactly what my plan is, aside from trying to eat better, watch portion sizes, make healthier snack choices, drink water and get in some form of exercise, even if it is just walking.

To be honest, when I got the scale yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew I was overweight and really needed to drop many pounds - but didn't expect my weight to be that much. I know, weight is just a number and what is more important is how your clothes fit and how you feel about yourself and what is healthy for your body frame.

So - I'm going to try .... these first few weeks may be hard as I buckle down and try to do things differently and get myself motivated.

I will be documenting my weight loss journey here.

To those of you that are also trying to lose weight -- Best of luck! WE CAN DO THIS!

No comments: