Saturday, January 10, 2009

Is it spring yet?

We got a whole bunch of snow in December, and just when we had the time to take the kids sledding, the temperature dropped and we had windchills well below zero. After that, all the snow melted away with a 'heat wave' and a bunch of rain.

I had almost written off the opportunity of taking the kids sledding, when we woke up to this...



That's our patio table out back. I'm wondering if that glass table top will be able to withstand all that. Perhaps I should trudge around and sweep all that off.

At any rate - we took the kids out. Well, I went with for a little while, but due to the fact that I don't own boots nor any snow pants -- I stayed in plowed areas while the kids and Mike hoofed it through the snow to go play.



I stood by for a few photos and then decided my ears couldn't handle it anymore (yes, I went out without a hood or a hat). But - it still counts as completing something on my 52 Things list!

Stayed tuned for my Sexy Sweethearts Valentine giveaway! I'll be posting soon, but for now...here's the prize, a fun goody-box of love stuff!




5 comments:

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......

Jenni said...

We're getting hit with snow right now! Probably the same storm you got!

Melisa Wells said...

Was that first commenter trying to pick you up? :) Hmmm. Mysterious.

I myself can't wait for the giveaway! Woo hoo!

just_karyn said...

The snow looked pretty from inside...I decided to have PJ day! Sledding looks like fun though!

Dana, Proud mommy to 4 said...

How fun! How's your back doing?