Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cherish Your Loved Ones

After my emotional phone call with the customer who's husband is dying, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I felt helpless. I wanted to do more, but wasn't sure what to do. I ended up picking up a card and mailing it to her.

Today I needed to call and give her a reminder that we'd be delivering her missed products from last week, and to see if she needed anything else. During the conversation, she apologized to me again and she thanked me for the card. She said it was very nice, and her voice started to crack again like she was going to cry.

She told me to have a good holiday at the end of the conversation, and I replied "Thanks, you too."

And I hope that they are able to have a good holiday, despite what the future holds for them. I pray that they all can find some happiness in this final holiday all together.

To all my readers; enjoy your loved ones and cherish all the time you have with them. Because you just never know when they'll be gone.

2 comments:

Jennybean said...

*hugs*

we all need to remember the important stuff I guess

Burgh Baby said...

Last night one of my neighbors was involved in a fatal car crash right next to our house. I hate when the holidays come with tragedy. It's The Suck.

Hoping you and yours are able to find some joy this holiday season. Merry Christmas!