Friday, October 10, 2008

I heart NKOTB 4-ever!

Back when I was just a little-bit, I fell head over heels for the New Kids on the Block. I was madly in love with Joey Joe, and it was my (and every other girls) dream to meet this fab 5. Unfortunately, the closest I ever got to meeting the Kids, was meeting their folks.

My mom took me to the mall and I got the autographs of many of the parents. While it wasn't the Kids themselves, it was still very exciting for me.

I did get to attend one concert when I was 10 or 11. My folks took me and one of my girlfriends. We were so far back that we could barely make out the faces of our favorites, but we were there, and we were screaming, and that was all that mattered.

Then, I started getting older and the New Kids broke up, and I moved on (I think I was beginning my love affair with Luke Perry on Beverly Hills 90210).

So, fast forward another 15-17 years until early this year. I hear a rumor that the New Kids on the Block are reuniting. Then - they'll be on the Today Show. I waited with bated breath, until - YES, the rumor is true. The New Kids on the Block are back together, they are making an album and will be touring.

Holy Shit.

In May, I purchased the concert tickets and started my countdown.

October 4, 2008 will forever be one of the craziest, silliest, most awesome nights of my life. It reopened that can of worms, and brought back the memories of my childhood, loving & wanting all things New Kids.

When myself and 4 friends made our way to the concert that night, we sang along to The Right Stuff, and Cover Girl and all the songs that made us fall in love in the first place.

When we arrived at the venue, we excitedly took our place in line and waited to get in. As we walked down the aisle towards the floor to find our seats, we giggled anxiously.

When we found our seats, we exclaimed at how good they really were. Little did we know then, that they'd be even better later that night.

So, we sit and wait and then we are treated to Colby O'Donis and Natasha Bedingfield as opening acts. Somewhere around 9pm, the lights go down again and at this point I'm nearly holding my breath, and I'm squeezing my hands together in anticipation .....



and then ...... they appear.



The crowd (I've never seen so many women in one place in my entire life!!) is going crazy and for a moment I think -- it's THEM ..... and again I'm taken back and all the emotion and love and appreciation for them comes back threefold.

It was an amazing show .... they performed several songs from a much smaller 'B' stage which ended up being just a few rows away from us. And then imagine our surprise as they used the walkway directly behind our seats and we reached out to touch all of them....



Thank you Joe, Jordan, Donnie, Danny and Jon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the love of gad
ha

Jennybean said...

HANGIN' TOUGH!

Yay for NKOTB!

Jessy said...

And we get to do it ALL over again! lol