Monday, March 24, 2008

Mysterious Ickies

The start of my son's spring break involves him being feverish. I'm thinking it's some sort of cold virus; as he said he had a headache, and he's got a cough. He also complained that his legs hurt (?), which I assume he means they ache. And in the middle of the night when he got up for a potty trip (and again first thing this morning in the bathroom), he told us his head felt like it was spinning. (sigh) None of these things, aside from the fever and cough is a constant persistent thing. The headache comes and goes (with the meds). So, I'm sad that he's not feeling good.

And to top it all off, I have been running a low grade fever since last night as well. I'm currently at work -- my face feeling warm, my mouth is dry as are my lips, but I'm chilled to the bone. I should have brought a thermometer into work with me to keep an eye on my temp. So I've got no idea if it's still low, or if it's gotten a bit higher. I really have no other complaints. I was a bit queasy last night and this morning, but at the moment I'm actually feeling a bit hungry. It's all kind of mysterious.....really no symptoms of anything, but my body is apparently trying to fight something off.

I just want my son to get rid of whatever germies are plaguing him right now. I hate when my kids aren't feeling well.

As you can tell - there just isn't the energy to put into a truly good post here. I'm just too tired to want to exert my brain in that way right now.

5 comments:

xxxx said...

Nooooooo! I hope you (and him) are feeling better!

Jess said...

I hope you and B feel better soon. Baby D and I both had the flu the week before last and it's definitely not fun...but thankfully it didn't last too long. Hope that's the case for the both of you too!

AutoSysGene said...

Sounds like B has the flu...barfing or diarrhea? If its not that then it's the darn virus going around. Make sure yours and B's ears are checked...it seems to be playing out into an ear infection.

We had both Joe got the virus and Hope the flu.

I hope you both feel better soon!! I know it sucks he's sick over break but at least he won't miss class. Hope has missed 14 days so far. 9 to the flu.

Lacey said...

That sounds exactly like what Jace had week before last...the ped said flu but I don't think so since it was totally gone in 2 days!

Hope ya'll are feeling better soon!

Rachel said...

Ugh. No fun at all.
Hope everyone is better soon.