Sunday, October 30, 2005

Friends

It's so great to have friends. Real life friends to hang out with or chat on the phone with.

Being a young mom -- most of my old friends from school moved on to "better" things. And by "better", I mean - to them it may have included drinking, partying, bars, clubs, blah blah blah blah blah. Definitely not being a full time working mother of 2 and wife.

So - to have friends that are at the same point of life I'm at .... it's a good thing. I have many, many wonderful online friends. Most of which I have known for many years. I'm talking a good 4-6 years I've know most of them. Many others I've known for 2 so far.

So, there was one in particular that I've known since she got pregnant with her daughter in 2001. I have "known" her and talked to her on a nearly daily basis for 4 years and I *finally* met her the beginning of this month. It's silly because she's lived in the area -- not like she was out of state and just happened to come here to visit or anything like that.

But now it's like we are *truly* friends - talking on the phone for hours at a time, discussing our children, ranting and raving and today - spending the afternoon out with the kids. It was wonderful. Having another mom to chat with. One that has a daughter just 6 months younger than my son. And one that lives nearby.

We're already planning on taking the kids to a children's museum one weekend and that should be fun. I'm excited to actually have a friend to spend time with.

Those friends I do have outside of the online world - that are on the same "level" as me - are too "busy" or too wrapped up in their own lives to get together often enough to truly feel like it's a solid relationship.

I think this will be good for me. I'm still off my Zoloft. I have a few pills left in the medicine cabinet from when I was trying to extend the pills over a period of time. I started skipping a day between pills - then I just stopped them all together. While some days I feel like I *NEED* those blasted little blue pills, it doesn't seem quite as strong as the need was before. Maybe I won't need that refill once the new insurance kicks in afterall.

No comments: