Sunday, November 06, 2005

Memories

Yesterday my parents came home with some of my Grams' belongings. They brought home a tshirt she had made over 10 years ago to support my brother during his racing season. She'd wear it to the racetrack and shout "Go, John, GO!" while he raced. So the shirt read Go John Go on the front. Mom brought it home to give to my brother to keep.

I was looking at the shirt ..... and I inhaled. I gasped and put the shirt down. My mom noticed - and asked me what was wrong. I barely managed to say that it smelled like my Grams before the tears came.

Her scent was there. She's been gone over a month, yet her scent remains. It was almost too much to take in right then and there.

My mom and dad also got a mysterious piece of mail yesterday. Information on Disney. No one sent away for it. We have only been talking about taking a big family vacation there in a year or two in my Grams' memory since she loved traveling - especially with family.

We know Grams is pushing us to take that trip - she WANTS us to enjoy the things she did when she was here. And most importantly - she wants us to enjoy those things with our loved ones like she once did.

No comments: