Saturday, October 08, 2005

I'm back

Apparently it was just a blogger brainfart and all it needed was a swift kick to remind it that I still exist.

My last post went right there and I could access my blog problem free. Hooray!

At any rate ... here it is Saturday. We had a little get together for my neice, Kodi. Her birthday was the end of September, and we had planned on throwing her a little party here. When my Grams passed, we didn't want to change the plans or make Kodi feel any less special - so we kept everything as scheduled.

Kodi is spending the night tonight, and tomorrow we're going to the pumpkin farm. It's too bad that Mike will be working, but at least he was off today. It'll be me, my mom, dad, Kodi and my 2 monkies at the farm. We should have fun and I hope to get some nice pictures of the kids while we're there.

Hopefully it's not as cold tomorrow as it has been the last couple days. We've been having temperatures in the 40s and 50s. Overnight it's dropping into the 30s. Brrrrrr!!!! Hello winter! But - this *is* Chicago afterall. It's gonna be one hell of a winter, I just know it.

We're getting closer to the memorial service for my Grams. Today has been much better - and the tears only welled up once. I know Monday it'll be a different story. Right now it's still almost like it's not "real" and that she's just a phone call or visit away. I just know my mom has such a broken heart right now. It breaks my heart to see her upset. I know death is a part of life - but it sure isn't that easy to deal with.

No comments: