Wednesday, September 07, 2005

5 years ago

Five years ago tomorrow I exchanged vows and became a wife. :) I can't believe it's been 5 years already. Then again .... ONLY five years? Some days hubby drives me so crazy it feels like it's been 25! Really, though ... it feels good to make it to the 5 year mark and still be going strong.

Two friends that got married the same year as I did, just a few months before us (one in April, the other in May) have already gotten divorced. Funny thing is, BOTH of them are already REMARRIED. Didn't waste time when it came to finding Husband #2.

So, hubby and I are planning an evening out tomorrow. Dinner and a movie. Except I have NO idea what movie to go see.

I'm thinking Charlie & the Chocolate Factory because I have been dying to see it since it came out - but I'm not sure if I can talk Mike into it. I think he wants to see it - but not sure if it classifies as "theater material" for him. Then I saw that Cole Hauser (YUM! HOTTIE!!) is in The Cave, but from what I've read the reviews aren't that great.

Anyone have any ideas on what movie to see??

Anywho ..... I'm sitting here in the computer room, the windows open and there is this gorgeous, cool, fresh breeze blowing in. It's wonderful. I can hear the sprinklers going on the freshly laid sod. There are 3 houses that should be closing soon - so we'll have some neighbors. In fact, the ranch directly next door to us already did their walk thru late last week, so we are assuming their closing is happening this week and maybe by this weekend we'll see just who our neighbors are.

So far it's been really nice living in the community. We're the only ones living on this side of the subdivision so far. There are probably about a dozen homes on the other side that already have people living in them. But we've walked around the neighborhood a couple times - and people are so friendly. They stop, wave, say hello ... even when they drive by in their cars they wave out the window. I hope we end up with neighbors that have kids the same age as ours. It would be nice to have some neighborhood playmates for them.

Well, it's nearing 9:30 now and I think I'm going to grab a refreshing can of Diet Coke, a snack and veg on the couch and watch some tv for awhile before bed. I'd like to get a good amount of sleep tonight so we can stay out a bit later tomorrow. Though, knowing me, I'll be ready for bed halfway through whatever movie we decide to watch! Actually going out for a night out sometimes makes me MORE tired than when we're at home taking care of the kids!!!

No comments: