Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Letting myself go

I really need to get back on track with bettering myself. I've been letting it go, moreso because I feel like I don't have enough time.

I must do something with my hair. I'm beginning to really hate the gray. I may just have to make an appointment with a new neighbor that is moving in. It desperately needs a trim to get rid of the split ends, and maybe I'll be brave and do some highlighting or coloring. Anything to make it look like I'm not 42 (though, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being that age!!).

And perhaps I can get myself focused and in the right direction to get this weight loss thing going back the way it was. Losing 35 pounds was no small feat ..... why stop now? My goal was to drop 75 - I hadn't even made it halfway.

Lastly, I need to crack out the eyeliner & shadow more often. I'm complimented on my eyes when I use a simple eyeshadow and eyeliner - that's about the basis of my daily makeup regimen. Nothing fancy, nothing over the top. Maybe I'll go the extra notch and put on some lipstick or gloss. I rarely do the whole sha-bang .... I hate mascara, don't do blush (never could figure out how to apply it correctly), and am not super crazy about foundation (though I do hate my skin).

So - mental note to myself: Make a few extra minutes of 'pampering' time in the morning, and feel much better about myself the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You can get back on track, Sarah! You can do it! And we all deserve to feel great and pamper ourselves! I hopped back on the bandwagon as well and am definitely starting to lose weight again and not yo yo up and down.