Friday, February 24, 2006

I hate my job

Honestly, it's not my job I hate. It's other employees. Nothing against those that work in the office with me - it's the drivers. We had another one quit last night. The he had the balls to call the manager this afternoon, and says he can't believe she didn't call him back, asking him to stay. WHY? Why would she ask him to stay when he obviously made up his mind last night, and chose not to do his job? We couldn't believe the balls he had to call and ask that. He said he was "trying to prove a point about backup drivers" and that's why he did this. Well, you know what? We are in this situation because another driver decided to up and leave almost 2 weeks ago without notice. THAT is why we're in a situation in which we do not have a backup driver for the 3 routes that go out 4 days a week. It's not like we purposely did this so that the 3 drivers we have would be busting their balls, knowing they are needed those nights, no ifs-ands-or-buts. Instead, he decides to "prove a point" (which I need to mention he already "proved" 2 weeks ago when the other driver didn't show up, and he hurt his hand and quit on route, not even being 1/4 of the way done - he also left a message on our voicemail saying something along the lines of "Yeah....I think I'm coming down with a sniffle, so I'm not going to work tonight. Oh....well, that's why you need a backup driver."). Give me a break.

Day in and day out, it's like we are there to babysit these guys more than anything. It's ridiculous, and there have been times I've thought of looking elsewhere. The truth in the matter, though, they are my 2nd family (by that I mean mostly the general manager and the bosses). I will be celebrating my 8th anniversary there later this year. I have known them longer than I have known my husband. They mean a great deal to me and with that I feel the need to stand by and ride the waves and wait out the storm, because if I were to give up and move on, they'd really be in a worse situation. And even as frustrating and stressful the job can be - I have a strong work ethic and don't bail out when the shit gets too deep.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Awww sorry to hear work isn't going that great. Hopefully you can get some great drivers in that want to stay for a while.