Tuesday, August 31, 2004

One of those days

It's been one of those days. You know the kind. The type that makes you want to run away from home or jump off a bridge.

It actually wasn't bad until I walked through the front door tonight. I'm greeted by my son (who decided he didn't want to go to Grandma's house this morning and stayed home with daddy instead) who has pen marks all over his hands and arms. Upon further inspection, I see pen marks all over the wall. :sigh: Leave it up to his father to allow things like this to happen.

So, we decide we're going to take The Girl to the mall and have her 2-month photos taken. We get there, and there is a 30-minute wait, so we head over to the toy store. She starts crying, so I head out and park myself on a bench right outside the store. I get her calmed down and changed into her outfit for pictures, and she's smiling at me and looking around. And then, she starts again - full force. Screaming. Mike took her from me, and walked around with her, but it wasn't working.

Finally it was time for her photo shoot. We had managed to calm her down and they snapped 1 picture. While trying to get her set up for the next shot, she started again. We just gave up. I guess we'll try it again some other time.

She has been a super beast all night long now. It's 10pm and she's STILL awake in her crib. And when she pops her pacifier out of her mouth, she starts yelling because she wants it back.

This is definitely one of those "run away from home" days.

No comments: