Sunday, August 22, 2004

Time for a new week

It's Sunday already. I survived my first week back to work, and now here it is the end of the weekend already.

One thing, though, is that I have something to look forward to this week. My family from CT is coming into town on Saturday and will be here through the weekend and most of next week. It'll be nice to see them, and they'll get to meet Kaelynn for the first time. So, that'll be nice. We are planning on going out to dinner, and going to the zoo. Should be fun.

My dad finally got out of the hospital on Thursday. He was so glad to go home. I don't blame him. I wanted out of the hospital as soon as I could after having my babies. He is doing well. Still tired and sore. His incision is right down the middle of his belly, right through his belly button. They took the staples out before he was discharged, and put in "regular" stitches so he doesn't have to worry about going back in to have anything removed. I'm just glad he's "fixed" and is on the road to feeling better.

Right now the kids are both behaving - somewhat. The Girl is asleep, and The Boy is playing in his room (or should I say destroying it?). I swear, I can't keep up. I clean and straighten his room, and not 30 minutes later it looks as if Hurricane Charley flew through. I guess I'll have to clean it AGAIN. And I have so much laundry to do as well. It seems like I can't get caught up no matter how much I try. I do a couple loads, get it put away, and look in the hamper and there's another couple loads that need to be done. And now Kaelynn's hamper is overflowing, so I'll need to do her laundry as well. I HATE laundry!

So, Mike is closing a store tonight. Doing it as a favor to someone that is on vacation. So I don't expect him home til 7:30-8pm. It's 5 now, so I have a few more hours. But, the kids will be eating in about an hour, and then I'll get The Boy ready for bed. I also need to give The Girl a bath and take a shower myself. So .... I'm off to surf the web a bit before I need to feed, bathe and tuck my kiddos in for the night.

No comments: