Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Can't Get Enough

I started the Twilight series back in January, after I got the first two books as a Christmas gift.

I LOVED the first book, but New Moon was a bit slow for me. I finished, and still enjoyed the book, however, I found myself missing Edward too much to really enjoy it.

After I finished them, I was at a standstill. Eclipse was not out in paperback yet, and I am not much of a fan of hardcover. I mean, I'll read them, but if I'm going to actually purchase the book, then I want it to be just what I like. So I waited until August when it was released in paperback.

In the meantime, my mom found me Breaking Dawn in hardcover, and it killed me to not be able to touch that book for so long. She found it as a resale store (shocking!) and paid a whopping $1 for it. Beggars can't be choosers for that kind of money.

As soon as it arrived in the mail, I jumped right in. I found myself liking the book as much as the first, and was excited to keep reading. As soon as I whipped through Eclipse, I started right in on Breaking Dawn (man, reading that book is a workout! Over 700 pages AND hardcover? LOL!).

This book BLOWS THE REST AWAY. I am finding myself turning the pages and eating the words as quickly as I can. More, more, more! I've only got about 200 pages to go, and I'm already sad. Whatever will I do without Edward and Bella?

Thankfully November 20th isn't THAT far off, because then I'll get a taste of New Moon, the movie (which, IMO, I think I'll enjoy better than the book). All I can say, however, is that Breaking Dawn, when it finally hits the big screen (at this rate, you know, in 2011. *sigh*), it is going to TOTALLY RAWK.

2 comments:

Mackey said...

I am an Edwardaholic too.=]

Sassy said...

OMG! I asked for Twilight for Christmas last year just because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. My MIL came over with all the books saying I'd want them all. I feel the same about the 2nd book, but I LOVE LOVE the series. I want Edward to break my headboard and bite my pillows!!