Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And it just keeps getting better

(sarcasm)

Seriously, it's only February and I'm already wanting to fast forward and get the hell out of the year 2007.

How is possible that so many bad things can happen to just one family?

Losing a parent, losing a job, and more sickness in the last two weeks than we've had nearly for a year.

Both kids had pink eye. Which Mike ended up catching. All of us had colds, so there was alot of coughing, sneezing and boogers in the house. Then my cold seemed to be on the up and out, which was rather surprising, as I'm known to have a cold linger for at least 2-3 weeks. Sunday night I end up with a horrible sore throat. It persists throughout the day yesterday (Monday). In the meantime, Kaelynn is running a fever. She's got the cold, and she didn't complain of anything else, so we treated it with pain reliever. Still has a fever Monday, so Mike calls the pediatrician. They want to see her. She's got a DOUBLE ear infection, and the pediatrician is shocked that she wasn't complaining since she's got PUS in her ears. Good grief. Here it is Tuesday. I'm still feeling crummy. Sore throat, neck hurts, glands are swollen, headache, queasy and I almost passed out twice at work. I finally leave work at 1:30 and head to the immediate care facility. I'm diagnosed with tonsilitis.

So, I've got myself a 10 day prescription of the biggest pink horse pills I have ever seen and my daughter has herself a giant bottle of pink liquid, which they graciously added watermelon flavoring to for her.

I just don't think we're ever going to catch a break. Just when we think things might be returning to normal, something else springs up.

No news on the job front. I thought maybe we'd have had good news by now, but nothing. I can't even begin to describe the emotional rollercoaster I've been on lately. Maybe that's why my health is going down the toilet. I had another mild "attack" tonight with my stomach issues, and I'm sure it has to do with everything going on right now.

Here I am ill, but planning to go into work tomorrow because, well, it's the only regular paycheck we've got coming in right now. Sure, I have vacation time - but do I want to start pissing it away a day here and a day there? Bills still need to be paid. I can't likely call a creditor and say "Yeah, well you know how it goes. My husband is between jobs right now, so I'll get you your money as soon as we have money coming in again".

And with being sick, and just not having the energy or desire, I haven't been listing much on ebay lately. I've managed to get a few auctions up here and there, but it's time consuming and I'm not that impressed with the way the summer clothing is selling right now. It is money, and I'll keep at it, but I need to be able to dedicate several hours a week to it for it to be worthwhile, and right now I can't give that.

All I have to say is this: 2007 sucks.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm sorry sweetie. Having been in your shoes before, I know the stress that your feeling. I'm praying for you guys. I hope that your all feeling better soon healthwise and that Mike has another job soon. BIG HUGS and lotsa prayers are going up for you guys.