Sunday, September 17, 2006

Message from Heaven

We are nearing the 1 year anniversary of my Grams' passing. Today I was going back and re-reading my posts when she passed away, and a few weeks later.

I came across this one and I got chills when I read it. I had forgotten about that mysterious piece of mail that arrived. Four months later I won the trip to Disney World. And we booked, not even thinking about it, to where our trip fell over my Grams' birthday.

The night of her birthday, I had one of her favorite treats, in her honor; a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar.

On the Great Movie ride, I teared up and nearly lost it when we got to the Wizard of Oz part (her name was Dorothy, she used to have a dog named Toto and she just loved that movie).

She was with me on that trip, I just know it.

2 comments:

Mackey said...

Oh my gosh Sarah...that is so weird.
Think Grams had a little something to do with you winning that trip:)
I lost my Gramma 4 years ago in May. I know your pain.
I did a post re: my Grama back in Feb.
http://mac16.blogspot.com/2006/02/tripping-down-memory-lane.html

Dana, proud mommy of 3 said...

WOW Sarah has it been a year already?! That's crazy! It's so interesting how when someone dies there's still signs of them still there and thinking about you! That's just so reassuring that you KNOW they still think about you and care! :)