Friday, August 24, 2007

Girls Weekend & First Week as "Boss"

So - the girls weekend was nice. It rained which was a bummer, and dinner wasn't fantastic -- but we were together, and we laughed and had a good time anyway. Sunday I woke up not feeling so hot, so it made for a long 2.5 hour drive home. :( Ugh....I hate that tumbly, queasy tummy feeling.

I survived my first week as the "boss" .... then again, it's not too difficult when it was a 'slow' week, and things had already been done and that I'm still not trained. Next week is going to be a killer --- on top of working the full week, I'll be also training the new part-timer and sticking around after hours to be trained myself. Long days + lots of work + lots of 'teaching' + lots of 'learning' = one very tired lady. So, come a week from today, I'm going to be exhausted and probably ready to hit the remainder of the 6-pack of Smirnoff's raspberry.

Calgon, take me away!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm glad that you had fun on your trip away!

Glad that your first week went ok too. Hang in there for the training hours...it'll be over soon!