Friday, March 02, 2007

Single

I am going to be unvoluntarily single.

While this may seem like good news, to me, it isn't.

It looks as if Mike got a job. With Sbarro. He put in 5 years of his life with them when we were first dating/got married and he worked long hours, and was always away from me and the kids.

He has been frustrated in not getting any job offers in the last month. His explanation is that at least he'll "be working and bringing home a paycheck". Yes, while this is all fine and dandy, he'll also be gone and at work 55 hours a week (and I just know that'll end up being more, just like it did years ago) and I can guarantee he'll be working Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, just like he used to.

I work Monday thru Friday. My time off is evenings and weekends. Again, there will be no family time.

I guess we mean NOTHING. I guess a month (2 checks from unemployment) is just too long to have looked for a job. I guess it's more important to take the first thing that jumps out at you, even though it means being away from your family that much.

Well, let me put it into perspective -- is that job worth losing your family?

Think about it.

No comments: