Sunday, May 01, 2005

And Heaven got 2 New Angels

Just a forewarning ... this post is going to be about something that is extremely violent and heartwrenching.
***********************************************

On Thursday, on my way to work, I called my mom from my cell phone to ask her something. During our conversation, she asked me if I saw the news. I got a little worried, because the last time something like that had been said, it was when she phoned me the morning of 9/11.

I told her no, and she told me there was a stabbing in Hoffman Estates (the town in which she lives, where I used to live as well). She told me it happened on John Drive, and 2 kids were stabbed to death. The father came home and found them. The mother was in the house with them. I thought, well, then why didn't the mother call 911? Something wasn't right.

I knew that at work we had a customer that lived on John Drive, so when I got into the office, I looked up the address. All the news was saying was that it was on the 1100 block. Our customer lives on the 1100 block.

That was all I knew. That afternoon, I picked up my mom and we headed to the post office like we do every Thursday. It just happens that John Drive is right on the way. There was traffic and tons of local television news trucks, police cars and people milling about. We drove down the street - why is it a part of human nature to be drawn to things like this?

As we went by, I realized I forgot to look at the addresses. I was really expecting our customer to be a neighbor. We drove back past, and I looked at all the addresses which went in incriments of 10. The last house didn't have a number on it - it was the house of our customer. It was the house where 2 children were slain.

I couldn't believe it.

I called the manager at work - and uttered the words - it's her. Our customer is the one who killed her kids.

My body went cold and I felt like throwing up. I don't know these children. I don't personally know the mother. But it was enough in knowing that it's highly likely that I've talked to this woman before. That this woman supports our business, buying milk for her family, for her kids -- 2 kids that she took the lives of.

The more information that the public found out, the more disturbing the whole thing got.

She ended up confessing (isn't that noble?). She killed her daughter first (3 years old) upstairs. Her son (9 years old) was running and trying to hide from her. She chased him through the house and caught up with him downstairs where she attacked him.

The coroner said that each child had over 200 stab wounds. And that the children struggled with their killer.

It makes me sick to think that these children died, trying to fight off their own mother. And that boy - for him to have been running and trying to hide - he must have seen his mother kill his little sister - and then he was attacked by her. His last image of this world was his own mother - the one that should have been protecting him - chasing him down to murder him.

My heart aches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rest in Peace little angels

^i^ Christian Vasilev ^i^
^i^ Gracie Vasilev ^i^

Left this Earth to go to Heaven
Wednesday, April 27th, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Mackey said...

Oh, that is one of the most horrible things that I have ever heard of....I never heard about that here in Canada. When I read that it just made me feel cold all over.