Monday, April 09, 2007

Sticks and Stones

I had an appointment with a gastroenterologist this afternoon.

First things first - their scale showed I was four pounds less than the last time I weighed at home. I weighed when I got home, and I'm actually only two pounds less, but still .... this must have been effecting me more than I thought, because I haven't been doing anything to lose weight.

And then there was my blood pressure. 131/108 - YIKES! That bottom number really freaked me out. I wonder if it'll go down once this pain is gone and I'm feeling better??

At any rate, the doctor is certain it's gallstones, and that the gallbladder will need to be removed. I've got an appointment first thing tomorrow morning for an ultrasound on my gallbladder and liver.

I'm not too excited about where this looks to be headed, but at this point I just want to be better.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I had my gallbladder and appendix out at the same time shortly after I had Deidra. The surgery isn't too terribly bad, although you will be sore for the first couple of days. Good luck and keep us posted.