Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pudding, Parties & Guests

I just finished making 2 big bowls of my "southern" banana pudding. It was the easiest thing I've ever made, and it was a huge hit last year when I made it for the first time. Now it's become a basic staple item for get togethers and bbq's.

In a little while I'll be heading to the bakery to pick up the cake & cupcakes and then coming home to do some decorating and getting the house straightened a bit more before guests start arriving for the Princess party.

It's hard to believe in less than 3 hours, our family will be landing at the airport, and shortly after they'll be here! It's been almost 2 years since we've seen them, so we are very excited. Braeden is over the moon!!! We've been having him cross off the days on the calendar so that he could track how long before they'd be here. On Thursday, he happily exclaimed "There's only ONE more day!" and yesterday he said "Tomorrow Aunt Kathy will be here!". Today he's staring out the window, telling me that it's a nice day, and that everyone will be here for this nice day. Hopefully the sun will come out a bit more rather than it being slightly overcast like it is now.

There's so much to look forward to this month. Today's party, our out-of-town guests, another game night, the block party. I even have a moderator bbq to attend next weekend, and we are attempting to arrange it so that we can attend a potluck open house tomorrow. I love being busy!

No comments: