Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Mommy time

It's time for some very much needed me time.  The Boy is in his room, watching Pete's Dragon, and The Girl is in her crib; hopefully going to sleep.  We had been in the house all day, so around 6:30 we ventured out to Super Target.  Of course, on the way there Ms. Fussbutton decides she's going to start screaming her head off.  I had my arm twisted around behind my seat while I was driving, so I could hold the pacifer and try to calm her down.  Finally she calmed down, we get into the store and she's peaceful for awhile.  Since it was getting close to being her feeding time, I knew she wouldn't be quiet much longer.  So when she started to fuss again, I made her bottle.  It ended up being a battle - she wanted to be held, then she wanted to eat, then she just wanted the pacifer, then she wanted to sleep, then she wanted to be eat, then she wanted to be held.  And so on.  Thankfully The Boy sat nice for me for once, but he tested me by taking off his shoe, spitting, and kicking the cart.  Finally I made my way to the checkout.  I was standing in the line, and an employee comes over to me and asks me to step over to another register.  They opened a register just to check me out!  LOL  Apparently there are perks to having 2 children with you in the store.

No comments: