Sunday, October 17, 2004

Politics

I can't believe I'm even writing about politics. Many of the blogs I read frequently have been talking about the upcoming election. Some are tactful, and others are downright shoving their choice down your throat.

I will admit - I don't follow politics as closely as I probably should. And this year was the very first year I've registered to vote. And I registered with the expectation of stepping foot in that polling place and entering my choices for the election.

But, honestly, even though I'm registered - I don't think I'm going to vote. I am having a hard time even choosing who to elect for President, let alone do I even KNOW everyone running for all other offices I'd need to vote for as well. I come from a Democratic family. And normally Democrat is what I'd label myself. When I registered, I even registered as Dem.

I am feeling very torn down the middle with this election. And even more so now than in the past, this election seems more like a giant pissing contest between these guys than it does a Presidential race. Frankly, it's possibly a little disturbing that one of these guys will lead our country for the next 4 years.

Since having such a hard time "picking sides" with this one .... I found an online quiz of sorts through AOL to see who I should vote for. With my choices, it told me that I should follow the "plan" of Kerry. According to this quiz (found below), I should vote for Bush.

I'm even hearing it from other people as to who I should vote for. My dad, the normal Democrat, is actually standing behind Bush with this election. Isn't that something? Someone that CAN choose the party they have otherwise fought against in the past. And then there's my coworker - Democrat through and through, standing firm on getting Bush OUT of office.

I haven't made a final decision as to whether or not I'll hit the polls on November 2nd or not. But I better hurry and decide. Time is ticking down.

No comments: